Monday, June 7, 2010

Burning Boxes

Often at garage sales you can find treasures if you look beyond the tables. That is where you find the old and broken stuff that sellers never think someone would want. This is where I saw these rough tobacco boxes and I think the seller would have taken any offer I gave him. $2 total felt right for wood perfect for wood burnings.

This was my first time doing wood burnings since middle school. The graphics were part originals and part inspired by some prints I had seen earlier. I wish I left more time to make a few more because by the last one I started to figure out how to shade and play with the pressure of the burner to get different effects.




2 comments:

  1. These are incredible! Not bad for the first time since middle school! Those boxes turned out to be perfect for making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - When can I expect the next series???

    ReplyDelete