Thursday, September 23, 2010

Small Scale Design/Build

Furniture design from design conception to full execution in seven days, this is Small Scale Design/Build. Today we made it to the "slash" part of the class where design meets build. Furniture pieces being constructed in class include bookshelves, a chair, a bureau, a chest, a bench and my desk.


I am design/building a desk that will work as my computer table and surface for crafting. The double layer desk will allow me to store my computer and stack a few books on either side. I will be adding a drawer for tools, a cord exit, and possibly book/pen slots through the top surface. Below is my first model of the desk.
Below are most of the pieces cut out which all were designed to fit on one 5x5 sheet of Baltic Birch plywood (had I not gotten greedy and made my legs a little wider, they would have actually fit.)
Tomorrow I will be starting to assemble the desk and hopefully have it standing by Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment