Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nomadic Design

It was probably the second week I was here at Yestermorrow that I picked up this peculiar book, Nomadic Furniture. Flipping through it, I was instantly entertained: the handwritten pages, the freeflowing thoughts, and the obvious 70's design time stamp. I was reunited with this book during Small Scale Design/Build and thought that it was important to really dive into pages: forward thinking knock-down designs, design on a tight budget, recycling, and adapted modern interpretations of high profile designs. Inspiration is plenty.
The sawhorse leg table was a design consideration for my desk...maybe good workbench legs.
The disposable car seat above is my favorite, hands down. It is such a reflection of the times! Plus that baby looks so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment