Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scrap Wood Table

My summer internship at Yestermorrow has come to a close. After a fantastic last evening in Vermont with a beautiful Canadian Thanksgiving celebration, I packed my car and left the Mad River Valley. The final week at Yestermorrow was extremely busy as I finished up projects, made some final checks off my list, and started my sustainable business studies again at Bainbridge Graduate Institute.

One of the final projects I worked on was a scrapwood table, which I have been inspired to do from several different existing versions ( here here here.) For a couple weeks I have been collecting pieces of wood from the to-burn pile that range from soft and hardwoods to plywoods. What in my mind seemed like a simple project turned into a complex process of tweaking, gluing, and adjusting pieces with a mallet. A project like this shouldn't have been left to the last week as it left me rushing and lowering my standards!
Final pics of this project and other various projects I have worked on over the course of the summer will be posted later on as I start to photo document my work.

1 comment: